TikTok, the popular short-video platform, allows users to connect with people from around the world. While most interactions are positive and enjoyable, there may be times when you need to restrict or block certain users for various reasons. This article will guide you through the steps to block someone on TikTok, ensuring a safer and more enjoyable TikTok experience.
Step 1: Open the TikTok App
Start by launching the TikTok app on your mobile device and logging in to your TikTok account.
Step 2: Locate the User Profile
- Tap the “Search” icon (a magnifying glass) at the bottom of your screen to open the TikTok search feature.
- In the search bar, type the username of the person you want to block and select their profile from the search results.
Step 3: Access User Options
- On the user’s profile page, you will find the three dots (…) in the top-right corner. Tap on them to access more options.
Step 4: Block the User
- From the options menu, select “Block.”
- TikTok will prompt you to confirm your decision to block the user. Confirm by tapping “Block” again.
Step 5: User Blocked
Once you’ve confirmed the block, the user will be blocked from following you, viewing your content, and sending you messages. They won’t be notified of the block, and you will no longer see their comments or interactions on your TikTok content.
You can also read:How to Delete Your Bitmoji: A Step-by-Step Guide
How to Unblock a User on TikTok
If you ever decide to unblock someone on TikTok, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile page by tapping the “Profile” icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- In the top-right corner, tap the three lines to access your settings and privacy.
- Select “Privacy.”
- Under the “Safety” section, tap on “Blocked accounts.”
- You will see a list of users you’ve blocked. Find the user you want to unblock and tap on their profile.
- On their profile page, tap “Unblock.”
Blocking someone on TikTok is a straightforward process that can help you maintain a safe and enjoyable experience on the platform. Whether you’re dealing with unwanted interactions, harassment, or simply want to restrict someone’s access to your content, following the steps outlined in this guide will allow you to block and unblock users on TikTok as needed. Remember that the blocked user will not be notified, and you can always manage your blocked users in your TikTok settings for added control over your interactions.