Need arises sometimes when you need to delete or deactivate your Facebook account for some reason. This tutorial will guide you on how to deactivate your Facebook account temporarily, How to reactivate your deactivated Facebook account, how to permanently delete your Facebook account, and you will understand the difference between Deleting and deactivating your Facebook account.
How to deactivate your Facebook account
- Click on the Hamburger (three horizontal lines) in the top-right of your Facebook profile
- Scroll down to the bottom and click settings
- You will see Account ownership and control below your Facebook account information when you scroll down, click on it
- Click on Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Deactivate account and click on continue to Account deactivation.
How to permanently deactivate or delete your Facebook account
- Click on the three lines in the top right of your Facebook page.
- When a page opened, scroll down and click on Account ownership and control.
- Click on Deactivation and Deletion
- Select Delete Account and click on Continue to Account deletion.
- Click on Delete
How to reactivate your Facebook account that you deactivated temporary
- Go to the Facebook login page
- Enter your Email or Phone number and Password
- From there, you will be guided on how to reactivate your account.
Note: You must have access to the Email or the Phone number you used to log in to the Facebook account.
What happens when you temporarily deactivate your Facebook account
- When you deactivated your Facebook account temporarily, your profile won’t be seen online by anyone but your Facebook friends can see your name on their friends’ list.
- All your chats with your friends can still be seen.
- In Facebook groups, admins can see your name, posts, comments, and some other activities in the group.
- The Facebook pages you created will automatically be deactivated for you but will be active for other Admin if you have any.
- You won’t be able to login into Oculus using your Facebook account so, you won’t have access to Oculus information.
- When you temporarily deactivated your Facebook account, your messenger won’t be affected. You will be visible in messenger, your Profile picture will also appear, and people can chat with you.
What happens When you permanently delete your Facebook account?
- Your Facebook account has finally gone and you can not get it back again except if you open a new account.
- Everything you have on your account, photos, videos, posts, and comments, all will get deleted forever and you can’t get them retrieved. They will all be deleted permanently.
- Your Facebook messenger will also get deleted along, so all your chats will be permanently deleted. Unlike when you temporarily deactivated your Facebook account where your Facebook messenger will still be active. Only the messages you sent to your friends can be visible but on their accounts only because the copy is stored on their accounts
- All the Facebook pages you created will be deleted except if you give someone full control of the pages, then the pages will not be deleted when your account is permanently deleted.
- You won’t be able to log in to Apps with your Facebook accounts. Apps like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other Apps.
Comments are closed.